Adjacent to Dun Cow Quay, Commissioners Quay is a multi-purpose 2.1 HA Enterprise Zone site which boasts a state-of-the-art workspace, as well as a 40-room hotel and restaurant overlooking the River Blyth.
The site’s Enterprise Zone status provides a number of benefits to businesses in order to ensure the right environment for growth.
This can include:
- Business Rate Discount – businesses can gain up to 100% discount against business rates worth up to £275,000 over a five-year period from occupying the premises on the Enterprise Zone site. This is equivalent to £55,000 per year.
- Enhanced Capital Allowance – businesses can receive up to 100% capital allowance for investment in plant machinery and equipment on Enterprise Zone sites.
Commissioners Quay Offers
HA Enterprise Zone
Hotel and Restaurant
This four-storey, state of the art building provides high-quality, contemporary serviced office space, which is suitable for a range of businesses – from start-ups to larger and more established companies.
Key facilities offered by the workspace include:
- 2,787 sqm of high-quality project offices for R&D related activities, with office sizes ranging from 20 sqm to 100 sqm.
- Dedicated high speed broadband, with free wifi available throughout the building for guests.
- Digital telephone systems with a dedicated line
- Virtual offices
- A training room for hire
- Meeting/conferencing amenities.
- Free parking and rapid electric car charging points
- Lift access
- 24-7 security services including CCTV
The Commissioners Quay Inn
Located on site, the hotel and restaurant provides not only an attractive location for staff based at Blyth Workspace to take a break, it can also serve as the backdrop for meetings and hosting guests.
The Commissioners Quay Inn has on offer a wide range of food and drink with views overlooking the River Blyth and out towards the sea. The vibrant and welcoming venue also has 40 contemporary en-suite bedrooms.